Sunday, March 24, 2013

Simply MarValUs!!!

I have come to the conclusion that life is just too short to put off doing anything that I want to do.  For a long time I have wanted to have my own little "second hand" store, or thrift shop, or whatever you want to call it.  My mom and I have tossed around the idea a few times of opening our own little thrift store, consignment shop type place.  A couple of weeks ago, she came to me and asked me about seriously considering opening a place like that with her.  Although the idea of it was exciting, I was a little nervous about a monthly rent payment, utilities, start up costs, etc... of having an actual store.  I knew that she could tell that I was a little hesitant when she would talk to me about it, but I really did want to do it.  So, I thought about it and suggested that maybe we could start out in a place that rented spaces instead.  That way, we could split the cost of the space and didn't have to worry about all the extra overhead costs of owning and operating a shop.  After about a week of talking about it I just decided, life is just too short to put it off anymore.  I really have wanted to do this for a long time, so, now it's actually happening.  My mom and I are opening our own little space called "Simply Marvalus!"  
My mom's name is Martha, of course I'm Val, we are "us", and together we are... "Simply MarValUs!!!"  :-)  I thought it was catchy, mom thought it was genius, of course Jocelyn thought it was cheezy, but I just think that it's perfect!  I am excited and I know my mom is.  I think that it's going to be a great experience and I think that my mom and I are going to have a great time together creating some of the projects that we will be putting in there.  She's totally on board with the whole repurposing, reusing, and creating something awesome from nothing.  Although we don't officially open until April 1st, we will be going this week prepping our area to move in our stuff.  Even Jocelyn is excited about it!  She loves to sew and wanted to make some pillows and pillow covers and other little things that she could sell.  (She even suckered me into buying an inexpensive sewing machine to get her started because her other one, well, I think that it just bit the dust honestly...)  In closing, I think that the projects that we do will be a great bonding experience for all involved.  Even the Hubbs said that he would go "pickin" with me, lol!  That was great to hear... I am so excited and I can't wait until Tuesday when mom and I head up the "the moon" and start prepping our little space for something "Simply Marvalus!" 
 photo butterfly_sig.gif

No comments: